Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Collecting rubbish (100 ideas 1)

The next assignment was to collect stuff from the sidewalk. I did this together with my kids on the way to the kindergarten and back. It was strange walking all the time with the head down on the ground and at first it was also very strange to pick up all the rubbish (specially cigarette stubs or dirty stuff). But you can´t imagine how happy the kids were to pick up all these colorful bits and pieces. It´s going to be hard to get them away from this again and they still keep finding wonderful things.
1. Go for a walk. Draw or list things you find on the the sidewalk.
What a variety of things we found! Usually I don´t see so many different kind of colors when I rush along.

Full page:
1 Full Page

Right side:
1 Left Page

Left side:
1 Right Page

When I completed the drawing I went to have another look at andrea joseph´s sketchblog.
She has a picture showing stuff she found at a church yard. I was surprised how many similar things we found. You should take a look at her blog. Her crosshatching is just amazing.


Link to Mim´s post
100 ideas

No comments: