Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Made And Unmade By Shannon Gerard

Just by chance I discovered Shannon Gerard´s shop at Etsy while browsing the comics they have there. She writes:
"Shannon Gerard is a dorky bibliophile who writes and draws the illustrated memoir series HUNG. She also makes print-based artist's books about loss, faith, fear and other melancholy things."
What I really liked about her zines and books are the illustrations. They are just phantastic and striking! I´m glad I found them and yesterday the mini comic Made and Unmade arrived. It is a short comic which combines drawings with a short poetic narrative about lost relationships. The books are pamphlet stitched by hand in a limited edition of 60.
I think, I´ll have to get some more of her work.

Shannon Gerard

Shannon Gerard

Shannon Gerard

No comments: