Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Kids´Words 6 (Pavarotti dies at 71)

Luciano Pavarotti

Luciano Pavarotti died today morning at home in Modena, Italy.

A (almost 5 years old)
D (almost 4 years old)

After the Kindergarten:
A:
Who died today?
K: ???
A: Didn´t anybody die today?
K: Well... yes. Luciano Pavarotti!
A: Who is that?
K: That was a famous singer. Want to hear something?
A: Yes.

(Youtube.com - Ave Maria - Luciano Pavarotti)

A+ D: Beautiful!
A: I want to see how he died and when he died.
K: He was ill. He had cancer.
A: Oh.

(Youtube.com - It´s a man´s world - James Brown & Luciano Pavarotti)

D: Mom, did he have a wife?
K: Yes.
D: That´s what I had assumed. I knew it.
K: Why?
D: All men have women if they want to. And Havarotti wanted one, didn´t he?




Nach dem Kindergarten:
A:
Wer ist heute gestorben?
K: ???
A: Ist heute keiner gestorben?
K: Öhm... doch. Luciano Pavarotti!
A: Wer ist das?
K: Das war ein berühmter Sänger. Soll ich Euch etwas vorspielen?
A: Ja.

(Youtube.com - Ave Maria - Luciano Pavarotti)

A+ D: Schöööön
A: Ich will sehen wie er gestorben ist und wann er gestorben ist.
K: Er war krank. Er hatte Krebs.
A: Oh.

(Youtube.com - It´s a man´s world - James Brown & Luciano Pavarotti)

D: Mama, hatte der auch eine Frau?
K: Ja.
D: Hab ich´s mir doch gedacht. Das hab ich schon gewusst.
K: Wieso?
D: Alle Männer kriegen eine Frau, wenn sie wollen. Und der Havarotti wollte doch eine, oder?

4 comments:

Mim said...

kids are so funny aren't they.

Kerstin Klein said...

Yes. I I specially love the remarks of my kids. :)

cerebrand said...

mmmm, i see two wise philosophers
in them.
and about you , i have started envying your portrait drawing style and skill.
keep it up dear. i love to see your latest works .

Kerstin Klein said...

arindam: when you say that you start to envy my portrait drawing style it is a joke. :)))))
your portraits are just about perfect and once I have achieved that level (I do hope so) I´m going to be pretty satisfied. :)
BTW: I haven´t started your portrait yet and it will take some time now. We´ve got too many holidays coming up.