The publishers are currently preparing a paperback book under the working title "was sind literarische weblogs?" ("what are literary weblogs?"). The book is scheduled for the 1st quarter of 2008 and will be available via bookstores in Germany and Switzerland as well as internationally via amazon.
The book will be an anthology of essays and weblog posts contributed by German writing authors – published and unpublished – who are running literary weblogs in the German writing blogosphere. The authors will contribute two texts each. The first text will be about their passion for publishing and writing a literary blog. From their own weblogs the authors choose a favorite (already published) text for the second part.
For this project the publishers are currently looking for illustration ideas and an artist to realize them. A series of about 7 to 9 images should illustrate motives about literature, text, weblogs, writing processes, etc. A contest will be arranged at my blog, to find the illustrator for this book.
- The participants should send in 2 images to show the character of the series. These two images will be rated and the winner will do the whole series of 7 – 9 pics. The illustrations, graphics, sketches, etc. have to be black & white or in grey scales with a size of approx. 350 x 175 px (Width/Lenght).
- Deadline: July 31, 2007
- Please send the images to this address !
- His/her work will be published in a book (with a short biography and link to his/her webpage)
- A copy of the published book
- Extreme gratefulness from the publishers and the contributing authors as well
- Fame? ;)
Once every week I´ll post about 5 random entries with a link to the artists blogs. Further all entries with a link to participant´s website/blog will be shown here on flickr!
Have fun and be creative!
Publishers of spa_tien:
Markus A. Hediger
Thanks to all of you, for your suggestions where I could post about the contest and for linking to this page:
Christine Castro Hughes