Thursday, February 8, 2007

Comics and Manga (ATC)

Another huge interest of mine is comics - specially manga and dark art comics.
Usually manga refers specifically to Japanese comics.
Literally translated, manga means "random (or whimsical) pictures". Modern manga developed from a mixture of woodblock printed books and pictures with foreign art movements.

Here are two manga atcs of mine. Very simple - black & white:

He She

I plan on practicing the comic style once the other moleskines are full. In case anybody is interested in drawing mangas the Manga University gives good instructions.

4 comments:

Jan Allsopp said...

First visit to your blog, it's so shiny and new! Love your work. Is that your design on the ipod skin? And thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back here for another visit soon. Excellent.

Kerstin Klein said...

Thanks Jan. I would love to design an ipos skin, but I guess I´ll need some experience for that. I linked it to my website, as some of their skin artists are really cool.

littlemithi said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog - I came to yours a week ago but couldn't leave a comment. Really lovely work you have here. Hope you keep doing it and enjoy getting creative again. And by the way, Dubai is not as wonderful as it seems - I drew it to MAKE it look good. Its basically a building site in the dessert. Not nice. Save your money and go somewhere where there is ART!

Kerstin Klein said...

Thanks for your comment, littlemithi. Aren´t these extremes which are so attracting? I wouldn´t want to live there, but I would love to see this modern city surrounded by miles and miles of sand. I guess that´s a great contrast to experience.