Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shuttle & Mirrors (Fantasy Filmfest)

Yesterday Benjamin and I watched another two movies at the Fantasy Filmfest: "Shuttle" and "Mirrors". "Mirrors" was the better movie, but actually there is no need to see either of them.
So 4 more movies tonight and tomorrow and then the Fantasy Filmfest is over. I guess I´ve seen enough horror movies for this year. It must be me getting older. Somehow I do not enjoy this kind of movies as much as I used to. (But I´m still impressed about the movie "Downloading Nancy".)

Shuttle
A late night airport shuttle ride home descends into darkness.

“Parts of the audience may find themselves somewhere bloodier and more disturbing than they expected to end up. But first-time director Edward Anderson balances what could have been a lowbrow slasher with a glacial tone that never relents and leads hardened horror fans to a stomach-churning conclusion.” Austin Chronicle

Mirrors
An ex-cop and his family are the target of an evil force that is using mirrors as a gateway into their home.
"Ex-cop turned night security guard Ben Carson (Kiefer Sutherland) discovers a horrific secret hiding behind the mirrors of an old department store. Checking your hairdo in a looking-glass will feel different after Alexandre Aja’s (HIGH TENSION, THE HILLS HAVE EYES) latest oeuvre, a forceful U.S.-remake of the Korean movie INTO THE MIRROR." (www.fantasyfilmfest.com)

2 comments:

Mim said...

You are so brave, these scary movies would leave me sleepless.

Kerstin Klein said...

Yeah... they did leave me sleepless. I usually returned home at 1 am, then had to take some time for drawing until around 2 or 3 am and had to wake up at 6.30 am because of the kids.
I´m glad the Fantasy Filmfest is over now and i can catch up some sleep. Hopefully. I really do need it.