Monday, September 15, 2008

Schultüte (School Cone)

Schultüte

"When children in Germany set off for their first day in school upon entering first grade, their parents and/or grandparents present them with a big cardboard cone, prettily decorated and filled with toys, chocolate, candies, school supplies, and various other goodies. It is given to children to make this anxiously awaited first day of school a little bit sweeter." (wikipedia.com)

This is my daughters Schultüte and I need to get this decorated tonight! Any creative ideas? I´d rather fill my moleskines. ;)

Update: Here are the results.

8 comments:

G in Berlin said...

Congratulations. I'm too creatively hallenged than to say go for butterflies and construction paper. I'm sure you will do much better!

Kerstin Klein said...

I´ll show you the result tomorrow or the day after. I´m currently working at it and it is driving me crazy! :)

Blog Queen said...

Oh, really... streamers, photo collage, crayons, stickers, Moosgummi... why don't you let her help you, anyway?

Kerstin Klein said...

She wanted to be surprised with it. Phew... I´m almost done now.

Mim said...

looking forward to the picture

Kerstin Klein said...

Boy... I just completed it and I´m sure she´ll like it. It is 2am in the morning and I have to get up at 6am, so I´m off to bed. Will post pictures tomorrow.
GOOD NIGHT!

Kerstin Klein said...

Here are the results,

katharina said...

You can buy unfinished and finished cones in the USA at http://www.germanplaza.com
Enjoy,
Katharina