Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book Meme Again

Fun Home - Alison Bechdel

I´ve been tagged again with the book meme. This time by Die Sprachspielerin, a German blogger. So I´m taking the chance to post another one:
I picked up the autobiographical graphic memoir Fun Home by Alison Bechdel, which I just bought a few days ago:
1.) Pick up the nearest book of (at least 123 pages).
2.) Open the book to page 123.

3.) Find the fifth sentence. (I took sentences 1 to 3, as there weren´t enough sentences on that page.)

4.) Post the next three sentences.
5.) Tag five people. (Fell free to tag yourself.)
A wonderful quote:
"Und in gewisser Hinsicht könnte man behaupten, dass das Ende meines Vaters mein Anfang war.
Genauer gesagt, das Ende seiner Lüge fiel mit dem Beginn meiner Wahrheit zusammen.
Denn auch ich hatte lange Zeit in der Lüge gelebt."
I´ll try to translate this (Does anybody have an English copy of the comic?):
"And in a way, one could state that the end of my father was my beginning.
More specifically, the end of his lie coincided with the beginning of my truth.
For I had also long lived in falsehood."
Fun Home - Alison Bechdel

If you want to read more about Alison Bechdel check out her blog Dykes To Watch Out For.

No comments: