So I decided that I will get myself some time off the family once a year on a regular basis.
This year I´m not sure where I should go to. If you have any recommendations let me know and take a second to vote at the poll on the right side please.
These are a few cities I would like to visit:
- Amsterdam (I love the city and the grachts, and so far I have been there 3 times, but always only for a day or two. I remember one time when all of us slept in one Fiat Punto throughout our visit. That´s pretty small room for 5 persons!)
- Madrid (There are still a lot of (Picasso related ) places I still haven´t seen there)
- Paris (I love the city, the food, the wine, the cafés, ...)
- Zurich (I would love to visit the Giger Museum in Gruyère)
- Valencia (Another beautiful Spanish city - not that I want to visit the food fight festival La Tomatina).
- Kassel ( I want to visit the Documenta - no chance to do that with the kids, but spending 7 or 8 days in Kassel??)
- Los Angeles (My favorite city originally named "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula" - "The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels on the River Porciúncula" - but I guess way too expensive for this short trip)
- Other city (Any ideas? I love to visit new places)
Last year I spent 9 days in Madrid, Spain and it was beautiful. I was specially lucky as Spain commemorated an overlap of Picasso-related anniversaries — from that of his birth 125 years ago to the 25th anniversary of the arrival of "Guernica" in a democratic Spain as stipulated in the artist's will. I couldn´t even have a look at all the Picasso events and exhibitions during my stay, but I enjoyed the larger ones.