Friday, August 22, 2008

Make my day by Waldeck



I just discovered the song "Make my day" by Waldeck at Narziss und Goldhund. He is right. What a wonderful way to start the day.

"lose the spliff, get off the sofa and twirl your feet on the polished dancefloors of the ballrooms and speakeasies of the late 1920s, because that is where waldeck has taken us.
swing meets tango in a heavenly cocktail promising a life richer than the thick smoke of cuban cigars. the opener “make my day” evokes the days when al capone made a fortune selling booze. singer joy malcolm (late of incognito) gives up an impressive performance."
"although most of the albums fantastic arrangements have been recorded live, waldeck achieves time travel though the use of old gramophones and shellac recordings." (text taken from Waldeck)
I´m off to order the album "Ballroom Stories". You can also download the songs at Amazon.com.

4 comments:

Blog Queen said...

Seems all the hoot right now, this is the second blog I've read about this today. Funny thing for me: at least I know where Waldeck is! (yes, Virginia, there is such a place) :)

Narziss und Goldhund said...

Obwohl ich das Video ja schon ca. 1000 mal gesehen habe, kann ich mich selbst hier nicht davon losreissen...

Kerstin Klein said...

Da gebe ich Dir Recht. Schön, dass ich es bei Dir entdeckt habe. Und ich freue mich schon auf die CD.

Kerstin Klein said...

I´m listening to the CD right now and it is beautiful!