Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Readings

geisha
The past year I have been to a lot of readings. Among others, books were read by Thomas Lang, Martin Suter, Stephan Thome, Per Olov Enquist, Herta Müller and Joachim Król.
As I had stopped reading for about 7 years, I still wanted to somehow keep in touch with literature. Readings are wonderful for this. You gain a little insight into the author and usually spark an interest in reading more.
I´ve started reading again since a few months and I still enjoy going to readings. Yesterday we listened to Thomas Lang reading from his newest book
Bodenlos. I´m always a bit cautious when meeting new authors, but he´s a very likeable guy. And it was nice to have the chance to meet the publishers and the team of C.H. Beck, who just published Benjamin´s book "The Canvas" in January. They are doing a great job and are a friendly bunch of people.

I´ll be reading more German books soon, but now I´m off to read:

2 comments:

steve said...

Wow, love this one, especially the way you handled the texture of the cloth!

Kerstin Klein said...

Thanks Steve. You mean the texture of the black cloth?