Monday, November 19, 2007

EDM #145 - Weeping Willow (100 Ideas 18)

My favorite tree has always been the weeping willow. The curtains of drooping branches that sweep the ground are beautiful and make the tree a great hiding place. They are pretty common here in Germany, but I have only once been under one. In Autum they have a special golden glow due to the then yellowish leaves.
34. Draw your favorite tree.

weepingwillow1
At our last parting
.bending between
.boat and shore . . .
That weeping willow


by Masaoka Shiki (1866-1902)

weepingwillow2


6 comments:

Mim said...

this is a lovely drawing. I'm drawing red today.

Kerstin Klein said...

I´m almost done with the first six #.

BTW: Did you find anything after all on thr ground of Disney World?

Genine said...

This is so cool, i really like the sishi sketch too!

Kerstin Klein said...

thanks. did you mean the sushi sketch?

chaitra said...

lovely drawing and poem, good combination, i am using it on my blog to communicate with my wife, i hope you won't object, thank u. :)

chaitra said...

sorry for not asking you beforehand, sure, i'll do that every time from now. btw, thank you for letting out your happiness on my comment.
bye...