Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Asia Filmfest 2007

October 25 to November 1, 2007 plenty of great Asian movies can be seen at the Asia Filmfest in Munich. I love going to Filmfests - specially the Asia Filmfest and the Fantasy Filmfest. Unfortunately I didn´t have the time the past years to see a lot of movies. This year I have bought tickets for 3 movies so far. Maybe I´ll manage to watch more.


What I really like about Asian movies is that these movies can be extremely creepy, very strange und weird. I´ll let you know more about the movies when I´ve seen them next week.

One of the movies which I already missed watching at the Fantasy Filmfest is "
I´m a Cyborg, But That´s OK". At the Asian Filmfest I won´t be able to watch it either. :( But the website for Korean director Park Chan-wook’s film "I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK" is very interesting. It depicts a pop-up book with charmingly animated structures which inflate as you turn each page. OPEN THE BOOK!


Plot:
After attempting suicide, Young Goon (Lim Soo Jung) ends up in an asylum, outfitted with retro accessories, concerned doctors, and plenty of quirky patients. Young Goon’s problem? She thinks she’s a cyborg. Her bigger problem? A cyborg can’t eat human food. Refusing to eat, she spends all her rapidly depleting energy communicating with her machine friends (like the coffee vending machine), plotting against the doctors, and trying to recharge herself with batteries.

No comments: