Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Moonassi

Daehyun Kim, also known as moonassi, is an artist from Seoul, South Korea. The drawings are beautiful. Simple, but clever.

경쟁하는 슬픔, Tear drop competition , 29.5 x 42cm, Marker and pen on the paper, 2010
"I draw something I'd like to draw and I can draw well. I draw people because that's what I'd like to talk about. I prefer to draw in a small scale as I wish to capture my everyday thoughts and feelings during a limited time of the day. If I think I want to touch you my drawing reflects that thought. I draw an act that I'm upsetting you if I think I want to distress you."
"I'm anyone or anything in anywhere. I want to sweep and gather all those tiny little fractions on paper so as not to be scattered."

너로된 이불, Blanket of you , 29.5 x 42cm, Marker and pen on the paper, 2009

자꾸만 네가 떠올라, Sinking of you , 29.5 x 42cm, Marker and pen on the paper, 2010

불면의 낮, Sleepless days , 29.5 x 42cm, Marker and pen on the paper, 2009

구원, Save , 29.5 x 42cm, Marker and pen on the paper, 2009

빌어먹을 존재, A begging being , 29.5 x 42cm, Marker and pen on the paper, 2009

No comments: