Friday, September 21, 2007

Amsterdam - Day 1

The first day I was quite tired - going to bed at 2 am in Munich and getting up for Amsterdam at 3 am. Still I enjoyed walking around the city and had 12 hours of sleep my first night at the hotel.

I went to a famous coffe shop. It used to be called Chocolata and they used to make wonderful chocolate pralines with a kick ;). But now the shop has been taken over by Abraxas. They do not have all these pralines, bonbons and chocolates anymore, but at least they did have delicious brownies and muffins.

The most important item on my to-do-list was to go to this comic store. It is Europe´s first antiquarian comic shop and it has a great selection of comics in many languages. The Lambiek Stripantiquariaat is as great as I had expected it to be. I could have spent hours there and it took me a long time to decide which comics I would buy for myself. They had so much more phantastic books, but I just didn´t have the budget for that.

These are the 3 comics I got for myself:
So far I have only had a look at Alberto. It is a beautiful comic without text. Only in the beginning you can read a page of the journal of the only character of the story. I´ll update that later.

3 comments:

Anita Davies said...

Oh I love the coffee shop!

Jan Allsopp said...

I've enjoyed your travel journal pages. I like your bold style. And I love the map in the previous post. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back here!

Kerstin Klein said...

thanks :)

therewill be more to come!